Saturday, October 03, 2009


I was just forced to shoot a squirrel with a blowgun in self defense.
Even though I hate squirrels, I wouldn't normally think to plug a dart in one, but this squirrel was threatening my wife and children.
At first it was trying to get to the bird feeder that's directly outside of the sliding glass door, which is when Brandy started making shooing motions at it. It moved in closer. Then Brandy opened the door & threw some pebbles at it, and it moved away just far enough to dodge the rocks, then came back and kept lunging at her through the glass.
So I pulled down the dart gun, opened the sliding door, and the squirrel charged. It was about three feet from my face when I hit it in the arm. It ran off into the wild where it belongs shaking it's arm with the four inch dart hanging out of it.
And I don't feel guilty, not one bit.
Take that, nut rat.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

or you could have left the door shut... this seems a bit like a "duh" moment especially since you harmed a creature of God's creation. :-)

E. Chikeles said...

LOL- sorry Rebecca but this is funny... too bad you didn't kill it though, save it from its misery.

Uriel said...

Yes, too bad.
Becky, by your reasoning we should have all women make sure to wear burkas and stay inside so they don't get assaulted! In my humble opinion, the onus is on the criminal, not the victim. That squirrel was stealing our birdseeds and trying to invade our home and do God knows what to my family! It needed to go down.
:-)

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk , huf huf, and my my, I say!
Was that reeeeaaally necessary?!?!?!
(Evil grin)
My only regret is that you didn't kill it and find out what squirrel stew tastes like! At least it would be natural and not one of those tortured creatures that are farmed and live tormented existences and then are murdered in a purely satanicly clinical manner(shudder, brrrrr)
Anyway squirrels ARE evil, they, like deer are always running in front of cars and good people on bikes, trying to make people crash.
Have fun at school and "Take it essssy"(nacho)