Tuesday, September 06, 2016

New Task?

I'm going to try something new, that should give me more consistent subject matter for this blog.  Several years ago I read (I can't remember where) that Francis Schaeffer used to read four chapters of the bible a day, three from the Old Testament, and one from the New.  Since that time I've adopted the same practice, and with God's help I've been able to keep it up 'til the present.  I keep tabs in my bible that I move as I read, and write notes and observations and cross references as I go.

So what I'm hoping to do with some regularity is to put down some of my observations in this format.  I hope this will serve two functions; to edify anyone who stumbles across them, and two, to give me a place other than a notebook (which I have the habit of losing) to record them.

No comments: