Wednesday, June 06, 2012

If I am complimented on my faith, Lord, what should I say?
You know, You see, my faith is nothing but waiting
they seem to think that it grows flowers
but it's dry, so very dry.
It's a flat dry ocean, for miles and miles
the ground is nothing but curled chips of dry clay
and that's all, that's all, just that and waiting
for a rain that will bring flowers
a rain that may come
tomorrow?
but we've been waiting so very long,
since before I've been born
and why should you come tomorrow?
why not in a million years?
why not a trillion?
if your soon is so different
God, would you have me hope?
I do hope, inasmuch as I am alive
I hope, yes, but the widow's bones
are dry outside the judge's house
she's still waiting.
You'll find faith, sure enough
I cannot do anything else
if you do not answer, 
then there's no use going home
so let our bones dry out
at your doorstep
I will not be surprised
when you come,
but I will not be surprised
when you don't either.
we are brought very low
please excuse us
if we are only bones
these bones are faith,
waiting.

1 comment:

exeter said...

You will receive justice against your adversary Benjamin.
Your words resonate with faith. This also is a gift from God.

My heart and prayers are with you.

When you were little I had a dream about you and your sister and brother walking in a field of flowers.The land you were walking in was lit from within. Everything had beautiful light coming from it. You and your sister and brother reached down and began to eat the light filled flowers.
I only knew that the dream basically meant that you 3 were favored by God.

So I have come to think of you 3 and your children and the children of my children's children...until Christ comes as beautiful blooming flowers which give me, and God great Joy.

I will never look at flowers the same way again.