Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ups and downs. School gets so wearisome past a certain point, when you've learned what you wanted to know and are then forced to read and listen to all sorts of banalities that suck the excitement out of discovery. I doubt that it's possible to be bored to death, but I don't doubt that a person's natural interests and curiosity can be kidnapped and smothered to death in some dark alley by peer-reviewed academic mob-bosses. Lord, deliver me from my enemies!

Or maybe I'm just whining because my mental exercise routine has become less like a footrace and more like a forced march - in either case, the endurance and requisite muscle groups of the mind are growing, which is one of the main reasons for the whole exercise in the first place, right?

1 comment:

exeter said...

My Senior year, so far, has been just the opposite. The content, though evolutionary tooth and nail, with some anti christian rhetoric in my religion and culture class, has been interesting and fun. Course its only the second week.

But, at least last year, I was like that. Very disenamored with the academic babylon.