Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunlight, come my way
I'm stuck in winter
Spring seems an age away
and if there's something
yet to be dug
down in the heart of me
I'll need your rays to find it
to be seen and so to see

Rays like a song of birth and marriage,
of just war and victory
of shedding fear, embracing daring,
of great things yet to be
Something to call out the morning glories
Like one sitting on the seer's stone
lips parted like the morning's throne
telling panoramic stories.

A ray born in the center
in the doorway of all truth,
where the line that stretches through the earth
meets the line that leads to You.

From that crossroads where your back lay red
where the curse lay heavy on your head
before rising sunlike from an earthy bed
May what you bought fall on me.

5 comments:

E. Chikeles said...

Nice. Very nice.

Melody said...

Would you mind if I used this for writing a song? I like it a lot.

Uriel said...

Yeah Mel, I'd love that.

Melody said...

I wrote it last night, I did have to change some of the words to make it fit. Soo...I will try to record it so you can hear it. Just so you know the feel of it, I wanted it to feel kind of Russian and moody feeling like that, minor chord progressions.

Uriel said...

Great! Where are you going to post it?